Sun, Feb 20|
10am - 11am Berlin Time (CET)
ONLINE Sunday Session
Today, I am spreading the love for @schoolbreathe! The School Breathe Love campaign is raising awareness and essential funds for primary school teachers to become dedicated in-school breath coaches.
Time & Location
Feb 20, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
10am - 11am Berlin Time (CET)
About the event
Today, I am spreading the love for @schoolbreathe!
The School Breathe Love campaign is raising awareness
and essential funds for primary school teachers
to become dedicated in-school breath coaches.
The training focuses on healthy breathing habits,
scientifically proven breath techniques
which can have a profound and transformative effect
on children’s mental health and wellbeing. You can
donate directly via https://schoolbreathe.com/product/school-breathe-love-donate-today.
Key notes about School Breathe Love Campaign
School Breathe is a grass roots organisation made up of some of the UK’s leading breath coaches, primary school teachers, yoga teachers, yoga teachers for children with special needs, mindfulness teachers and inspirational speakers.
Knowing the infinite benefits a breathwork practice can bring, here at www.schoolbreathe.com, we are passionate about teaching breathwork to school children, and this year it’s our aim to train 100 primary school teachers to become dedicated in-school breath coaches. But we can’t achieve this alone! We are reaching out to the wider community who feel committed to helping the next generation to learn invaluable tools for life. Imagine how it would have felt to learn key breathwork techniques when you were at school?
A large percentage of children and adults have dysfunctional breathing, such as
· They over breathe (taking too much air which can exhaust the respiratory system and disrupt o2 + CO2 levels)
· They shallow breathe (short shallow breaths into the upper chest)
· Breath hold (Tech Apnea is a growing concern amongst children – whereby they hold their breath while engaged with their phone/gaming etc)
· Mouth breathe – breathing in and out of the mouth only is again very common and impacts wellbeing
School Breathe teaches the foundations of healthy breathing habits:
· MY NOSE KNOWS – Always breathe in and out through the nose in every day: This prevents pollutants, microbes, nasties from entering the lungs
· MY BELLY GLOWS – The belly should gently expand on the inhale. This indicates that the diaphragm is being used to its fullest (so many girls and boys pull their bellies in, for want of a flat/washboard stomach. This has a negative effect on the nervous system and respiratory system and creates unnecessary tension in the body)
· MY BREATH FLOWS – We encourage that children become aware of how often they hold their breath. And every time they do, they take 5 – 10 conscious breaths (breaths with awareness)
Benefits of breathing well:
Building and sustaining a mindful breathwork practice has been proven to:
Lower blood pressure
Calm the nervous system
Reduce symptoms of depression
Teaches children to self-regulate and manage their emotions
Relieves negative thought patterns
Diaphragmatic breathing stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system
Stronger respiratory system
And so much more!